[an error occurred while processing this directive]
1931 Durant 407
- Continental 49 horsepower, four-cylinder engine
- Four-wheel Steeldraulic brakes
Rumble Seat Coupe
- Standard Coupe $595.001
- Rumble Seat Coupe $625.001
- Sedan $645.001
- Sport Roadster $645.001
- Touring $495.001
Serial Number Range
- Continental W8, 4-cylinder, mountings cushioned in rubber, "L" head. Bore 3-7/8", stroke 4-1/4", 24.03 horsepower, N.A.C.C. rating, 49 brake horsepower at 2,300 r.p.m. PYRODYNE non-detonating cylinder head. ISOMETRIC aluminum alloy invar strut pistons. Camshaft driven by silent chain.
- CRANKSHAFT BEARINGS
- Interchangeable main bearings, bronze-backed, babbit lined.
- ENGINE LUBRICATION
- Force feed lubrication.
- COOLING SYSTEM
- Tubular radiator, capacity 11-2/3 quarts. Large centrifugal water pump near rear of block. Thermostat controls engine temperature.
- GASOLINE SUPPLY
- 10 gallon gasoline tank at rear of chassis. Electric gasoline gauge on dash. Fuel pump. Gasoline filter.
- Plain tube, high-power carburetor. Manifold hot spot.
- Mounted with engine and transmission to form unit power plant. Multiple spring, single dry plate type with rubber insulated centre, adjustable.
- Selective sliding gear type. Three speeds forward, one reverse. Hotchkiss drive. Power plant, propeller shaft and pinion shaft in staight line when car is loaded. Two all-metal universal joints.
- FRONT AXLE
- Reverse-Elliot type. Drop-forged, heat-treated I-beam. Tapered roller bearings for wheels. Steering pivots have ball-thrust bearings. Ball joints for all steering linkage. Worm and sector steering gear with tapered roller thrust bearings.
- REAR AXLE
- Semi-floating 8-bearing type. All tapered roller bearings. Special 2-bearing arrangement receives wheel thrust at axle ends.
- "Steeldraulic" 4-wheel, internal expanding type.
- Wood artillery on standard models;
- STARTING, LIGHTING, IGNITION
- 6-volt, 2-unit electric system. Distributer has manual and automatic spark control mounted above engine. Depressible beam headlights.
- STANDARD EQUIPMENT
- Includes electric temperature indicator and gasoline gauge, speedometer, ammeter, oil gauge, pull controls for spark, throttle and choke. Coincidental ignition and coil lock, foot pedal headlight control, rear view mirror; automatic windshield wiper, chromium plating on bright finished exterior hardware. Equipment on Standard models does not include bumpers and bumperettes..