[an error occurred while processing this directive]
1928 Rugby S4
- ½ ton capacity
- 36 horsepower, four cylinder engine
- Four-wheel Bendix brakes
- Suburban body
- Open express body
- Panel body
- Canopy top body
- Convertible business roadster
- Chassis $495.001
1 1928 prices, US dollars, f.o.b. Lansing
- Four-cylinder, "L" head. Bore 3-3/8", stroke 4-1/4". Piston displacement 152 cubic inches. N.A.C.C. rating, 8.2; brake horsepower 36 at 2400 r.p.m. Engine mounted in rubber.
- Cylinder cast en-bloc with upper half of crankcase; detachable head.
- 1-1/2" diameter; 5/16" lift.
- One-inch, plain tube, air and fuel adjustment. Exhaust and intake manifold with hot spot, mounted on left side of engine.
- CRANKSHAFT BEARINGS
- Front, 1-1/2" x 1-25/32"; center, 1-1/2" x 1-9/16"; rear, 1-1/2" x 1-33/64".
- CAMSHAFT BEARINGS
- Front, 1-1/2" x 1-1/8"; center, 1-5/8" x 1"; rear, 1-1/2" x 1-33/64".
- ENGINE LUBRICATION
- Force feed to silent timing chain and all main, connecting-rod and camshaft bearings..
- COOLING SYSTEM
- Honeycomb-type radiator; capacity, 8 quarts; 16" fan, 4 blades; pump.
- FUEL SUPPLY
- Capacity of tank, 11-1/2 gallons; placed at rear. Vacuum feed. Gasoline gauge on tank.
- Single dry plate, dry-disc, enclosed in flywheel; separately removable.
- Standard, selective sliding-gear type; three speeds forward and one reverse; separately removable.
- FRONT AXLE
- Standard drop-forged "I" beam section with reverse Elliot type steering mechanism. Tapered roller wheel bearings.
- REAR AXLE
- Semi-floating, simple design, with spiral-bevel ring gear and pinion.
- Four-wheel Bendix mechanical, internal expanding, self-energizing, 3-shoe type; 11" brake drums. Easy adjustment.
- CHASSIS LUBRICATION
- Alemite system.
- Semi-elliptic; Front - length 36"; width 1-3/4"; Rear - length 54"; width 1-3/4"
- STEERING GEAR
- Semi-irreversible, worm-and-gear type. Fore-and-aft steering. Ball thrust bearings. 16" wheel. Horn button on steering wheel.
- Center control; accelerator pedal mounted on toe board. Throttle lever on steering wheel. Full automatic spark control. Speedometer, ammeter, oil gauge and instrument lamp clustered on instrument board. Ignition and lighting switch and choke mounted on instrument board.
- Wood artillery.
- Balloon, 28 x 4.75.
- 107 inches.
- ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- Generator, starting motor, igniter, coil. Combination stop and tail light.
- Rear-vision mirror, automatic windshield wiper; electric motor-driven horn; tire carrier and extra rim, tool kit.