[an error occurred while processing this directive]
1928 Rugby X
- 1 ton capacity
- 25% overload capacity
- four-cylinder, 36 horsepower engine
- Four-cylinder, "L" head. Bore 3-3/8", stroke 4-1/4". Piston displacement 152 cubic inches. S.A.E. rating, 18.2; brake horsepower 36 at 2400 r.p.m. Morse silent chain drive - adjustable; Nelson Bohnalite alloy pistons.
- Cylinder cast en-bloc with upper half of crankcase; detachable head.
- CRANKSHAFT BEARINGS
- 3 bearing crankshaft.
- ENGINE LUBRICATION
- Force feed lubrication.
- COOLING SYSTEM
- Centrifugal water pump; honeycomb type radiator; water capacity - 12 quarts; 16" - 4 blade fan - V belt drive.
- Tillotson economizer carburetor.
- FUEL SUPPLY
- Capacity of tank, 11 gallons. Vacuum feed - Stewart.
- Single dry plate, enclosed in flywheel; removable without disturbing engine or transmission.
- Three-speed, selective sliding; ball bearing main shaft; alloy steel hardened gears; third speed, 1.00 to 1; second speed, 1.77 to 1; first speed, 3.32 to 1; reverse, 4.2 to 1; drive through special Spicer metal and rubber double universal joint, eliminating shocks.
- FRONT AXLE
- Drop type - high-grade drop forged I-beam. Timken bearings.
- REAR AXLE
- Semi-floating - banjo type; spiral beval gear and pinion. Pinion shaft straddle mounted on annular ball bearings; axle shafts on Timken roller bearings; pinion and gear mesh adjustable; gear ratio, 7.28 to 1.
- Service - external 2-1/2" wide on 14-3/8" drums - foot operated; emergency - internal 2-1/2" wide - hand operated; both brakes adjustable.
- CHASSIS LUBRICATION
- Alemite high pressure.
- Pressed steel; 5-1/2" deep; five sturdy cross members - heavily gusseted.
- Semi-elliptic; Front - length 36-3/4"; width 1-3/4" - seven leaves; Rear - length 45"; width 2-1/2" - twelve leaves.
- STEERING GEAR
- Worm-and-gear type. Ratio, 11 to 1. 16" wheel.
- Wood artillery wheels, twelve large spokes.
- Front, 29 x 5.00 balloon tires. Rear, 30 x 5 high pressure tires.
- 124 inches.
- ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- Gasoline gauge, gasoline filter.
- Tread, 56" front, 56-1/2" rear; overall chassis length, 183-1/4". Turning radius, 21 feet. Chassis weight, 2175 pounds; body weight allowance, 950 pounds; pay load, 2000 pounds; overload capacity, 25%. Operator, gasoline, water and equipment weight, 400 pounds.