[an error occurred while processing this directive]
1931 Rugby 406
- 49 horsepower, four cylinder engine
- "Steeldraulic" 4-wheel brakes
- Four-speed transmission
De Luxe Cab and Dump Body
De Luxe Cab and Live Stock Body
De Luxe Cab Integral with Canopy Top
De Luxe Cab Integral with Panel Body
De Luxe Cab Integral with Stake Body
De Luxe Cab with Wide Express Body
- De Luxe Cab and Dump Body
- De Luxe Cab and Live Stock Body
- De Luxe Cab Integral with Canopy Top
- De Luxe Cab Integral with Panel Body
- De Luxe Cab Integral with Stake Body
- De Luxe Cab with Wide Express Body
- 4-cylinder, mountings cushioned in rubber, "L" head. Bore 3-7/8", stroke 4-1/4", 24.03 horsepower, N.A.C.C. rating, 49 brake horsepower at 2,800 r.p.m. PYRODYNE non-detonating cylinder head. ISOMETRIC aluminum alloy invar strut pistons. Camshaft driven by silent chain.
- ENGINE LUBRICATION
- Force feed system; oil filter, gear type pump forces oil to all crankshaft and camshaft bearings, and timing chain; oil spray for wrist pins, cylinder walls and valve mechanism.
- COOLING SYSTEM
- Centrifugal water pump; thermostat control of temperature; four blade fan driven by V belt from crankshaft; water capacity of cylinder jacket and radiator 3 gallons.
- FUEL SUPPLY
- 12 gallon fuel tank; diaphragm pump, fuel feed; 1-1/4" carburetor equipped with accelerating device and economizer.
- 10 inch single dry disc.
- 4-Forward-Speed; roller bearing countershaft; power take-off opening on both right and left sides; Gear ratios: First speed, 6.417:1; Second speed: 3.86:1; Third speed: 1.797:1; Fourth speed: 1:1.
- FRONT AXLE
- Reverse-Elliot type. Drop-forged, heat-treated I-beam.
- REAR AXLE
- Semi-floating; spiral beval driven; strattle mounted pinion; ratio 5.375:1 or 6.625:1 optional.
- FINAL GEAR RATIOS
- Rear axle ratio 5.375:1- 1st speed: 34.49 to 1; 2nd speed: 20.78 to 1; 3rd speed 9.66 to 1; 4th speed 5.375 to 1. Rear axle ratio 6.625:1 - 1st speed: 42.5 to 1; 2nd speed: 25.57 to 1; 3rd speed: 11.9 to 1; 4th speed: 6.625 to 1.
- "Steeldraulic" four-wheel brakes, 14" drum; hand brake operates on propellar shaft drum.
- CHASSIS LUBRICATION
- Pressure Gun
- Front - Overslung, semi-elliptic; length 36-3/4; width 2"; self-adjusting spring shackles. Rear - Over-slung semi-elliptic; length 50"; width 2-1/2"; heavy forged spring shackles. (Auxilary spring equipment available.)
- Hollow steel spoke type, latest approved design; special provision for dual tires.
- Front, 6.00:20 6-ply truck ballons. Rear, 32x6, 8-ply, high pressure. (Note: 32x6 spare may be used on front wheels in emergency.)
- 154 inch wheelbase obtainable.
- ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- 6-volt; belt driven generator; manual and semi automatic spark control.
- Front bumper, head, tail and stop lights, front and rear fenders; full running board; spare rim; tool kit, grease gun and jack, co-incidental ignition switch and coil lock; ammeter; electric gasoline gauge; electric engine temperature indicator; oil pressure gauge and speedometer.
- GENERAL DIMENSIONS AND LENGTH
- Overall Length - 189 inches. Back of seat to center of axle - 53-3/4". Back of seat to end of frame - 91-1/4 inches. Maximum wheel house width - 48-1/4 inches. Width of frame - 34 inches. Tread - standard. Chassis weight - 2,900 pounds. Body weight allowance - 1,200 pounds. Payload - 3,000 pounds. Gross allowable weight - 7,100 pounds.