[an error occurred while processing this directive]
1931 Rugby 614
- ½ ton capacity
- Steeldraulic four-wheel brakes
- Hydraulic shock absorbers
- Three forward speeds
- Chassis with Panel Body $885.001
- Chassis with Cowl $655.001
1 1931 prices, US dollars, f.o.b. Lansing
Serial Number Range
- L-1099 to L-1154
- Serial number is located on the name pate attached to the right hand side of the dash underneath the hood.
- Six-cylinder "L" Head, 3¼" bore by 4" stroke. Brake horsepower, 58 at 3100 R.P.M. Pyrodyne non-detonating cylinder head. Isometric, aluminum alloy invar strut pistons. Engine mountings cushioned in rubber.
- Interchangeable main bearings, bronze-backed, babbitt lined.
- ENGINE LUBRICATION
- Force feed lubrication; oil filter; gear type pump forces oil to all crankshaft and camshaft bearings, and timing chain; oil spray for wrist pins, cylinder walls and valve mechanism.
- COOLING SYSTEM
- Tubular radiator; water capacity, 12 quarts; centrifugal water pump near rear of block; thermostat controls engine temperature.
- GASOLINE SUPPLY
- Fuel pump. Fuel tank capacity, 12 gallons at rear of chassis; gasoline filter; electric gasoline gauge.
- Plain tube, high power carburetor. Air cleaner.
- Mounted with engine and transmission to form unit power plant. Multiple spring, single dry plate type with rubber insulated center, adjustable.
- Selective, sliding gear type. Three speeds forward, one reverse. Hotchkiss drive. Power plant, drive shaft and axle neck in straight line, car loaded. Two all-metal universal joints.
- FRONT AXLE
- Drop forged, heat-treated I-beam; reverse Elliott type; tapered roller bearings for wheels. Steering pivots have ball thrust bearings. Ball joints for all steering linkage. Worm and sector steering gear.
- REAR AXLE
- Semi-floating 8-bearing type. All tapered roller bearings. Special 2-bearing arrangement receives wheel thrust at axle ends.
- "Steeldraulic" 4-wheel, internal expanding type.
- CHASSIS LUBRICATION
- Pressure gun.
- Wood, artillery type.
- 19 x 5.00 6-ply balloon tires.
- 112 inches
- STARTING, LIGHTING, IGNITION
- 6-volt, 2-unit electric system. Distributor has manual and automatic spark control. Mounted above engine. Depressible beam headlights.
- STANDARD EQUIPMENT
- Front bumper; head, tail and stop lights; spare rim; tool kit; grease gun; and jack. Coincidental ignition switch and coil lock; ammeter; electric gasoline gauge; electric engine temperature indicator; oil pressure gauge and speedometer; fenders and full length running boards.
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- Gross allowable weight, chassis alone - 2150 pounds, chassis with body - 2950 pounds,