[an error occurred while processing this directive]
1925 Star F
- Equipped with the "Million Dollar" motor (cars produced after December 1924)
- The Star Special Sedan is furnished with body panels in maroon or blue. It is equipped with a nickled radiator and disc wheels.
- Continental W-5. 35 horsepower, four-cylinder, L-head engine. Bore, 3-3/8"; stroke, 4-1/4"; 152 cubic inches.
- Cast en-bloc with upper half of crankcase.
- 1-1/2" diameter; 5/16" lift.
- CRANKSHAFT BEARINGS
- Front, 1-1/2" diameter by 1-25/32"; center, 1-1/2" by 1-9/16"; rear, 1-1/2" by 2-3/4".
- CAMSHAFT BEARINGS
- Front, 1-3/4" by 1-13/32"; center, 1-5/8" by 1"; rear, 1-1/2" by 1-9/16".
- ENGINE LUBRICATION
- Forced-feed type. A gear driven pump operated from the rear end of camshaft forces oil to all camshaft, main and connecting rod bearings. Seepage of oil from connecting rod bearings is thrown to cylinder walls, pistons and piston pins.
- COOLING SYSTEM
- Honeycomb type radiator; 16-inch fan; four blades; water pump, total water capacity of 8 quarts.
- GASOLINE SUPPLY
- Capacity of tank, 11-1/2 gallons; placed at rear. Vacuum feed.
- One-inch, plain tube, air and fuel adjustment. Exhaust and intake manifold with hot spot mounted on left side of engine to which carburetor is attached.
- Single plate, dry disc, enclosed in flywheel; easily removable without disturbing engine or transmission.
- Standard, selective sliding-gear type; three speeds forward and one reverse.
- FRONT AXLE
- Standard drop forge "I" beam section with Elliott type steering mechanism. Wheels are adjustably mounted on taper roller bearings.
- REAR AXLE
- Semi-floating, simple design, with spiral-bevel ring gear and pinion.
- STEERING GEAR
- Semi-irreversible, worm-and-gear type. Ball thrust bearings are used with adjustment for wear. 16" steering wheel. Horn button on wheel.
- External contracting, internal expandig; 10" brake drums. Easy and accessible adjustment is provided.
- CHASSIS LUBRICATION
- Complete Alemite system.
- Semi-elliptic; front, 34" long; rear, 49-1/2" long.
- Wood artillery wheels.
- 30" x 3-1/2", all around. Open models, non-skid clincher; closed models, straight-side cord.
- 102 inches.
- Left-hand drive, center control; accelerator pedal mounted on toe board. Spark and throttle levers mounted
on steering column just under steering wheel. Speedometer, ammeter, oil gauge, choke, ignition and
lighting switch, mounted on instrument board.
- STARTING, LIGHTING, IGNITION
- Generator; starting motor; igniter and coil.