[an error occurred while processing this directive]
1926 Star M
- Hayes-Hunt body
- Continental four cylinder engine
- Coach $695.001
- Coupster $610.001
- Roadster $525.001
- Sedan $795.001
- Touring $525.001
1 1926 prices, US dollars, f.o.b. Lansing
Serial Number Range
- C-350000 to C-379999
- E-350000 to E-379999
- L-350000 to L-379999
- T-350000 to T-379999
- Four-cylinder, L-head type, detachable head; Nelson Bohnalite pistons with invar steel struts;
3-3/8" bore by 4-1/4" stroke; piston displacement, 152 cubic inches; 30 brake horsepower.
- Cast in block with upper half of crankcase; detachable head.
- 1-1/2" diameter; 5/16" lift.
- CRANKSHAFT BEARINGS
- Front, 1-1/2" by 1-25/32"; center, 1-1/2" by 1-9/16"; rear, 1-1/2" by 2-3/4".
- CAMSHAFT BEARINGS
- Front, 1-3/4" by 1-3/8"; center, 1-5/8" by 1"; rear, 1-1/2" by 1-33/64".
- ENGINE LUBRICATION
- Force feed to all main, connecting-rod and camshaft bearings.
- COOLING SYSTEM
- Honeycomb type radiator; capacity, 8 quarts; 16" fan, 4 blades; pump.
- GASOLINE SUPPLY
- Capacity of tank, 11-1/2 gallons; placed at rear. Vacuum feed.
- One-inch, plain tube, air and fuel adjustment. Exhaust and intake manifold with hot spot, mounted on
left side of engine.
- Single-plate, dry-disc, enclosed in flywheel; seperately removable.
- Standard, selective sliding-gear type; three speeds forward and one reverse.
- FRONT AXLE
- Standard drop-forged "I" beam section with reverse Elliott type steering mechanism. Tapered roller wheel bearings.
- REAR AXLE
- Semi-floating, simple design, with spiral-bevel ring gear and pinion.
- STEERING GEAR
- Semi-irreversible, worm-and-gear type. Ball thrust bearings. 16" wheel.
- External contracting, internal expanding; 11" brake drum. Easy adjustment.
- CHASSIS LUBRICATION
- Alemite pressure system.
- Semi-elliptic; front, 35-7/8"; rear, 53-3/4".
- 103 inches.
- Center control; accelerator pedal. Spark and throttle levers on steering column. Speedometer, ammeter, oil gauge, choke, ignition and lighting switch on instrument board.
- STARTING, LIGHTING, IGNITION
- Generator, starting motor, igniter, coil, motor-driven horn.
- STANDARD EQUIPMENT