[an error occurred while processing this directive]
1926 Star R
- 40 horsepower Continental 14L six cylinder motor
- Continental 14L; six-cylinder, L-head type, detachable head; bore 2-3/4"; stroke 4-3/4"; piston displacement, 169.3 cubic inches.
- Cast en bloc with upper half of crankcase; detachable head.
- Intake, 1-3/8", exhaust 1-1/4" diameter; 5/16" lift.
- CRANKSHAFT BEARINGS
- Front, 2-1/8" diameter by 1-1/4"; intermediate, 2-1/8" by 1-3/16" (2); rear, 2-1/8" by 1-9/16".
- CAMSHAFT BEARINGS
- Front, 1-7/8" by 1-3/8"; center front, 1-13/16" by 15/16"; center rear. 1-3/4" by 15/16"; rear, 1-9/16" by 1-13/16".
- ENGINE LUBRICATION
- Force feed type. A gear-driven pump operated from the camshaft forces oil to all camshaft, main and connecting rod bearings. Seepage of oil from connecting rod bearings is thrown to cylinder walls, pistons and pins.
- COOLING SYSTEM
- Honeycomb type radiator; capacity, 12 quarts; 16" fan, 4 blades; water pump.
- One-inch, plain tube, double adjustment with gas economizer. Exhaust and intake manifold mounted on left side of engine to which carburetor is attached..
- GASOLINE SUPPLY
- Capacity of tank, 11-1/2 gallons; placed at rear. Vacuum feed.
- Single-plate, dry-disc, enclosed in flywheel; seperately without disturbing engine or transmission.
- Standard, selective sliding-gear type; three speeds forward and one reverse.
- FRONT AXLE
- Standard drop-forged "I" beam section with reverse Elliott type steering mechanism. Wheels are adjustably mounted on tapered roller bearings.
- REAR AXLE
- Semi-floating, simple design, with spiral ring gear and pinion.
- STEERING GEAR
- Semi-irreversible, worm-and-gear type. Ball thrust bearings are used with suitable adjustment for wear; 16" steering wheel. Horn button on wheel.
- External contracting, internal expanding; 11" brake drums. Easy adjustment is provided.
- CHASSIS LUBRICATION
- Complete Alemite pressure system.
- Semi-elliptic; front, 35-7/8", rear, 53-3/4" long.
- 107 inches.
- Artillery type, large spokes, natural wood finish.
- 30-in. x 4.95-in. on the Coach; 29-in x 4.40-in on the Coupe and the Coupster.
- Left-hand drive, center control; accelerator pedal mounted on toe board. Spark and throttle levers mounted on steering column just under steering wheel. Speedometer, ammeter, oil gauge, choke, ignition and lighting switch on instrument board.
- STARTING, LIGHTING, IGNITION
- Generator, starting motor, igniter and coil, motor-driven horn. All models have headlights with Smith lens, cowl, dash and tail lights. Coach has a dome lght.
- STANDARD EQUIPMENT
- Rear vision mirror, automatic windshield wiper, oil gauge, ammeter and speedometer.
- Hayes-Hunt, lacquer finish. Coach, in sage-brush green with gold stripe; Coupster and Coupe in oasis green with gold stripe; full anti-squeak mounting. Nickeled radiator shell. One-piece full ventilating windshield and cowl ventilators. Coupe and Coupster have visor ventilators.
- Coach and Coupe, heavy gray ribbed plush; Coupster dark gray artificial leather; six-inch cushions.