[an error occurred while processing this directive]
1927 Star R
- 40 horsepower motor
- Force-feed lubrication
- Four bearing crankshaft
- Five frame cross member
- Seperate transmission mounting
- Standard transmission
- Vacuum feed fuel system
- Spiral-bevel rear axle gear
- High-grade cooling system
- Alemite chassis lubrication
- Full electrical equipment
- Demountable rims and extra rim
- Semi-eliptic springs
- Single plate, dry disc clutch.
- Six-cylinder, L-head type, detachable head; bore 2-3/4"; stroke 4-3/4"; piston displacement, 169.3 cubic inches.
- Cast in block with upper half of crankcase; detachable head.
- intake 1-3/8"; exhaust 1-1/4"; 5/16" lift
- CRANKSHAFT BEARINGS
- Front, 2-1/8" " by 1-3/32"; intermediate, 2-1/8" by 1-3/32" (2); rear, 2-1/8" by 1-15/16".
- CAMSHAFT BEARINGS
- Front, 1-7/8" by 1-9/32"; center front, 1-13/16" by 13/16"; center rear. 1-3/4" by 13/16"; rear, 1-9/16" by 1-21/32".
- ENGINE LUBRICATION
- Force feed to all main, connecting-rod and camshaft bearings.
- COOLING SYSTEM
- Honeycomb type radiator; capacity, 8 quarts; 16" fan, 4 blades; pump.
- GASOLINE SUPPLY
- Capacity of tank, 11-1/2 gallons; placed at rear. Vacuum feed.
- One-inch, plain tube, double adjustment with gas economizer. Exhaust and intake manifold mounted on
left side of engine.
- Single-plate, dry-disc, enclosed in flywheel; seperately removable.
- Standard, selective sliding-gear type; three speeds forward and one reverse.
- FRONT AXLE
- Standard drop-forged "I" beam section with reverse Elliott type steering mechanism. Tapered roller wheel bearings.
- REAR AXLE
- Semi-floating, simple design, with spiral-bevel ring gear and pinion.
- STEERING GEAR
- Semi-irreversible, worm-and-gear type. Ball thrust bearings. 17" steering wheel. Horn button on wheel.
- External contracting, internal expanding; 11" brake drum. Easy adjustment.
- CHASSIS LUBRICATION
- Alemite pressure system.
- Semi-elliptic; front, 35-7/8"; rear, 53-3/4".
- 107 inches.
- Center control; accelerator pedal mounted on toe board. Spark and throttle levers on top of steering wheel. Speedometer, ammeter, oil gauge, choke, ignition and lighting switch on instrument board.
- STARTING, LIGHTING, IGNITION
- Generator, starting motor, igniter, coil, motor- driven horn.
- STANDARD EQUIPMENT