[an error occurred while processing this directive]
1928 Star M2
- Nelson Bohnalite pistons
- Silent timing chain
- Vacuum gasoline feed
- Full pressure system of lubrication.
- Full crown fenders
- Four wheel brakes
- Cadet-type visor
- Oversize balloon tires.
- Guaranteed speed of 60 miles per hour.
- Four-cylinder, L-head type, detachable head; 3-3/8" bore by 4-1/4" stroke; piston displacement, 152 cubic inches; N.A.C.C. rating, 18.2; brake horsepower 36 at 2,400 r.p.m. Engine mounted in rubber.
- Cast en-bloc with upper half of crankcase; detachable head.
- 1-1/2" diameter; 5/16" lift.
- CRANKSHAFT BEARINGS
- Front, 1-1/2" by 1-25/32"; center, 1-1/2" by 1-9/16"; rear, 1-1/2" by 2-3/4".
- CAMSHAFT BEARINGS
- Front, 1-3/4" by 1-3/8"; center, 1-5/8" by 1"; rear, 1-1/2" by 1-33/64".
- ENGINE LUBRICATION
- Force feed to silent timing chain and all main, connecting-rod and camshaft bearings.
- COOLING SYSTEM
- Fedders, honeycomb-type radiator; capacity, 8 quarts; 16" fan, 4 blades; pump.
- GASOLINE SUPPLY
- Capacity of tank, 11-1/2 gallons; placed at rear. Vacuum feed. Gasoline gauge on tank.
- One-inch, plain tube, air and fuel adjustment. Exhaust and intake manifold with hot spot, mounted on
left side of engine.
- Single-plate, dry-disc, enclosed in flywheel; seperately removable.
- Standard, selective sliding-gear type; three speeds forward and one reverse; seperately removable.
- FRONT AXLE
- Standard drop-forged "I" beam section with reverse Elliott type steering mechanism. Tapered roller wheel bearings.
- REAR AXLE
- Semi-floating, simple design, with spiral-bevel ring gear and pinion.
- STEERING GEAR
- Semi-irreversible, worm-and-gear type. Fore-and-aft steering. Ball thrust bearings. 16" wheel. Horn button on steering wheel.
- Four-wheel Bendix mechanical, internal expanding, self-energizing, 3-shoe type; 11" brake drums. Easy adjustment.
- CHASSIS LUBRICATION
- Alemite pressure system.
- Semi-elliptic; front, 36" by 1-3/4"; rear, 54" by 1-3/4".
- Disc or wood artillery wheels optional.
- Balloons, 28 x 4.75.
- 107 inches
- Center control; accelerator pedal mounted on toe board. Spark and throttle levers on steering wheel. Speedometer, ammeter, oil gauge and instrument lamp clustered on instrument board. Ignition and lighting switch and choke mounted on instrument board.
- STARTING, LIGHTING, IGNITION
- Chain driven generator, starting motor, igniter, coil. Combination stop and tail light. Corcoran lamps.
- STANDARD EQUIPMENT
- Automatic windshield wiper, rear view mirror, stop light, Stewart-Warner speedometer, electric motor-driven horn/. Tire carrier and extra rim.